Dear Friends of Ascension Cathedral,
Ever wish you could do something more to support the Cathedral, but feel like you’re already giving all you can? Here’s a new way to support our church: eScrip. Through this program, certain businesses that you shop at will contribute a percentage of your purchases to the Cathedral. You don’t pay anything extra for this – you just shop as you normally would. A short list of participating businesses is attached, which includes Andronico’s and Safeway, among many others. There is also a more complete list of businesses online with details on how much they contribute – just select Northern California from the Region box and All Merchants from the Category box.
In order to participate, you just register your shopping cards and credit cards on the eScrip website and choose Ascension Cathedral as the organization you want to support. Our eScrip group number is 500024411.
If you are new to eScrip, just go to the registration page of the eScrip website. The signup procedure is pretty obvious, but here are step-by-step instructions in case you want them:
- Choose Group ID, enter 500024411 and click Search. (You can also just search for Ascension Cathedral by name)
- Click on the Ascension Cathedral link.
- You should now see a list of organizations that you are supporting, with Ascension Cathedral in the #1 spot, and two empty spots. At this point you may add other organizations that you wish to support as well. If you do so, your contributions will be divided roughly evenly between all the organizations.
- When you are satisfied with your list of organizations, click Next.
- Enter your contact information including name, address, and email address.
- Enter the numbers for any grocery/special cards you have such as a Safeway Club Card, indicating the type of card next to each one.
- Click Next and enter your credit card numbers. This allows your purchases with these cards to be identified.
- Click Next and enter any other retail/gift cards.
- Click Next and review that everything looks correct, then click Confirm.
- Click the “Create a personal password” link. A note of caution: don’t use the same password as you use for your email, online banking sites, or other secure sites. Enter the password you’ve chosen and click Enter.
- You’re done! If you later get a club card you want to add, you can use this password to access your existing account and add the card so you don’t have to repeat the whole process. Just click the “My eScrip” button whenever you go to www.escrip.com to access your account.
If you are already using eScrip for other organizations, just go to www.escrip.com, click “my eScrip” and enter your supporter number and password, and then click “change my group selection”. At that point you will be able to search for Ascension Cathedral and add it to the list of groups you are supporting. Your contributions will be divided roughly evenly between all the groups you are supporting.
If you have any trouble or questions, please feel free to send me an email or give me a call at (510) 230-7650.
I hope you take the few minutes it will take to sign up for this program. It has the potential to make a significant difference.
Thanks for all that you do!
VP of Stewardship, Ascension Cathedral